Thursday, August 12, 2010

What the hell IS this thing?!

My wife called me into the kitchen tonight to see this bug. Neither of us have seen anything like it before. It looks like a cross between a squash bug and a cricket or something. Two of our kittens touched it with their noses, then instantly ran off shaking their heads. Whatever this thing is, it's NOT afraid of them!

Here are some photos and video of the creature. I apologize for Blackberry's poor picture and video quality.  Smart phone, horrible images.  Go figure.

If you know anyone who might have a clue what species it is, please help us solve this mystery!

Top view
Front view

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever figure this bug out??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I know I said I wouldn't rest, but I rested. I'm stumped. I wrote a couple entomologists but never heard back.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments ARE NOT PERMITTED!

If you will not stand behind your words, your words will not stand on this blog and you should go troll somewhere else..