Thursday, December 31, 2009

Conservative Values

While I'm serious about spending more time focusing on positive messages (because I believe we give power to anything we focus on, including things we're against), I couldn't resist a quick blog on something about modern conservatism that seems fairly obvious to me but is seemingly becoming apparent to conservatives themselves.

Without further ado, I give you Ed Brayton's reaction to a post by the conservative National Review. Please take care to notice the implied conclusion about conservative principles at the end.

(Thanks to my friend Scott Bradley who brings so many cool tidbits to my attention.)

Star Trek is Liberal Propaganda!
Posted on: December 28, 2009 9:16 AM, by Ed Brayton
This could easily also be a dumbass quote of the day, but since I already have several of those saved up we'll give it its own title. From a post by Mike Potemra at
National Review Online:
Coincidentally, I have over the past couple of months been watching DVDs of Star Trek: The Next Generation, a show I missed completely in its run of 1987 to 1994; and I confess myself amazed that so many conservatives are fond of it. Its messages are unabashedly liberal ones of the early post-Cold War era - peace, tolerance, due process, progress (as opposed to skepticism about human perfectibility).
Wow, how....liberal those messages are. But if this conservative admits that peace, tolerance, due process and progress are "liberal messages" then doesn't that also mean that war, intolerance, arbitrary authoritarianism and regression are conservative messages? Nice to see that admitted to so openly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments ARE NOT PERMITTED!

If you will not stand behind your words, your words will not stand on this blog and you should go troll somewhere else..