Thursday, September 22, 2011

I dreamed about a Pilot Whale

I had a strange dream experience this morning. It's the only part of the dream I can remember, and it's a fairly vivid recollection at that.

I was inside a room with white walls. It had a sort of living room feel to it, although it wasn't any specific room I know I've seen. The lighting was similar to what you expect from track lighting; bright spots here or there, but not uniform lighting like you get from overhead lights usually.

Against one wall was a giant vertical tank, and in that tank...poking up and over the top was this big dolphin-looking creature. But this animal was not exactly like a dolphin. The head was somehow different, the skin was like a charcoal metallic sheen with a tinge of indigo. There were a couple of distinct yet attractive dirty blonde markings on its head. The animal was trying to get my attention.

I remember saying, "Wait, you're one of those pilot whales, aren't you?". It communicated, I don't recall if it was verbally or telepathically, that it was.

We had conversation and activity together beyond that point, but I don't recall it.

I had this experience stuck in my head all morning. Finally, I broke down and hit up Google Images for pictures of pilot whales. What I found blew my mind.

Now, I'm here to tell you I didn't consciously know what a pilot whale looks like. To my knowledge, I haven't heard or thought about pilot whales in years. In fact, I don't know that I've ever had a single thought about them. Ever.

But this morning I had a dream that I met one.

What's that all about?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments ARE NOT PERMITTED!

If you will not stand behind your words, your words will not stand on this blog and you should go troll somewhere else..