Thursday, June 9, 2011

One weird-ass night in Wichita

UFOs, blasting wind gusts, and a triple-digit heat burst after midnight.

That was all last night in Wichita, KS.  The first sense of weirdness I experienced was when my wife and I took our pit bull Dewey for a walk some time after 9pm.  As soon as we stepped outside, the air just felt strange.  It wasn't simply that it was uncharacteristically warm.  It wasn't even all that windy (yet).  It just felt...weird.


Click for larger image
 UFOs
Of course, we had barely even begun our walk around Harvest Park when I noticed the lights in the sky.  Two craft, closer than I've ever seen two craft together.  They weren't air show close, but they were closer than I could imagine would be safe for civilian craft, with one slightly elevated above the other.  They were identical, and had both solid and blinking lights, the color of which I would describe as a deep, saturated yellow.  They were low, maybe 20 degress above the horizon, traveling at a steady rate of speed without changing direction.  Honestly, it's conceivable they were helicopters - but I heard no sound and they couldn't have been more than a mile to a mile and a half away from us.  The air speed wasn't out of range of terrestrial craft, but they were moving at a pretty good clip. 

I immediately regretted not taking my phone.  I could have shot photos or even taken video.  There was still a bit of light in the sky and they were close enough.  I also wish I had done a better job of chiseling details into memory.  I know they had more than 3 lights visible each, but I can't remember if it was 4 or 5.  I can't recall the positioning of the lights relative to which were blinking and which were steady.  You can see an approximation of what I saw in the image above.  Bear in mind my memory of the craft is somewhat sketchy, so it's not completely accurate.   

I stopped and watched the craft track from east to south as my wife walked on.  I listened intently, but heard nothing but the wind.  And the wind was coming from the direction of the craft.  No jet engine roar.  No propeller noise.  No helicopter sound.  They were so low, they actually disappeared behind trees on the horizon.  I ran to catch up with my wife. 

No sooner did I reach her and the dog than we spotted another pair of identical craft to the north, heading west.  These were a bit farther off and slightly higher up, but they were just as close to each other. 

It gets stranger.  I wanted to rule out helicopters before making a final judgement, so I made a series of phone calls.  First, I called Wesley Medical Center, Wichita Life Watch and Eagle Med to determine they didn't have any helicopters paired up and working over Wichita at the time.  I called the local FAA who said they didn't know of anything.  They pointed me to the Mid-Continent control tower. 

This is where my hunt for an answer took a turn.  I had a very weird conversation with a woman named Peggy.  I literally didn't even have my question out before she was answering it.  No there wasn't anything going on.  She was outside at that time and didn't see anything.  But here's the deal - I hadn't even mentioned the time frame before she had begun answering my question, and confidently at that.  My intuition was screaming.  I have no proof, but I can tell you it seemed very much like she knew exactly what I was talking about before I was even done talking about it.  She was outside at that time and didn't see anything?  She started answering before I even mentioned the time!  I quickly developed the impression I might be the first person she'd talked to about lights in the sky last night. 

Then Peggy suggested I talk to the TV news stations in town.  If anything was going on, those people always knew about it, she said.  She was almost confrontational at this point.  But I wasn't looking for information on UFOs.  I was looking for info on aircraft in the sky at that time.  Why did she go there? 

I then informed her I was sitting inside one of those very television stations and we knew nothing. Why was the traffic control information person pawning me off to news stations about craft in the sky, anyway?  Does. Not. Add. Up!

Last night was warm and there were other people out and about.  I figured if my wife and I saw something over a densely populated area, certainly someone else did.  So I checked UFOstalker this morning.  I do this almost daily anyway, and I can tell you it's rare to have a recent MUFON report from our region.  Anything close is usually from Oklahoma or Kansas City (there has been a spate of sightings of multiple orange lights there recently).  But lo and behold, there was a marker over Wichita, KS this morning - the first since May 23!  Seems someone on the east side of town saw something, too.  This sighting is similar in that there were two craft together, but these were described as orange lights.  Incidentally, these orange lights sightings have been very prevalent lately, and on a global scale.  Here's the MUFON report:
Case Number: 29459


Log Number: US-06082011-0012

Submitted Date: 2011-06-08 23:01 GMT

Event Date: 2011-06-08 21:50 GMT

Status: Submitted

City: Wichita

Region: Kansas

Country: US

Longitude: -97.3375448

Latitude: 37.6922361

Shape: Fireball,Sphere,Star-like

Duration: 00:01:00

Description: I was driving home from the river festival and we turned east and saw two large fireballs in the sky. At first I thought it was two planets close together till the top one got brighter and the bottom one went out completely. Within seconds the other was gone. I was shocked and asked the others in the car "Did you see that??!!" and sure enough they saw it too. They really stood out in the sky. Hopefully some fellow wichitans saw the whole event since most are out and about for the festival. Wish I had gotten some photos, we even kept driving around trying to catch a view of where they went.
If you're from the area and are reading this because you're looking to see if someone else saw what you saw last night, please leave a comment on this blog post and tell us what you saw!  Then, report it at MUFON.com.  For the sake of Truth, please do it.
Getting back to my story, after our sightings the wind picked up considerably. It was just a weird, not, windy walk.  After our walk - around 11pm - my wife and I drove to pick up our daughter from a friend's house.  At this point, it got even windier.  My wife was having trouble keeping the minivan in our lane, flags were whipping like they might come apart, and debris was flying everywhere on the road.  It definitely added to my overall sense of werdness with the night. 


Heat burst after midnight
After we got home, my wife and I read for a little while and then went to bed.  Apparently, we missed some even stranger weather!  This morning the top story on my kakeland daily email was about a heat burst that hit Wichita after midnight.  The temperature rose 17 degrees in 20 minutes, "from 85 degrees at 12:22 a.m. to 102 degrees at 12:42 a.m."

Are you kidding me?  Triple-digit temps after midnight?  Tell me that isn't weird, even for summer.

Now, I don't know that this is related, but the coincidence of strange weather on Earth and strange space weather needs to be noted here I think.  June 7 there was an absolutely massive CME (coronal mass ejection) from the sun.  See the picture to the right.  According to Science Daily, it "covered an area of almost half the solar surface."  I don't care wh you are - that's big!

Is it connected to the weird weather?  Sounds possible, acorrding to the article.  "The CME should deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field during the late hours of June 8th or June 9th."

There's just a lot of weird stuff going on right now.  If you follow Benjamin Fulford or David Wilcock, and I admit I do, the buzz on the global scene is that big stuff is going down right freaking now, and it spells out big change on a planetary scale for the near future.  Only time will truly tell, but I recommend you keep your eyes and hearts open. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make a report to MUFON.  Till next time, may your life be filled with wonder and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments ARE NOT PERMITTED!

If you will not stand behind your words, your words will not stand on this blog and you should go troll somewhere else..